Latest News: Swansea Film Productions are proud to announce their new film "The Doll" is now in production. Casting and locations complete. Read-through read. Shooting mid-January

Thursday 21 October 2010

Making that Dream into Reality

The plot came to me almost twenty years ago.

The script was written and sent out but after a string of rejections I pushed it to the back of a drawer.

It was just about the beginning of this year when I found the script again. This time I just threw it away.

Meeting Carli and Amanada at the Swansea Film Festival and talking around film-making led me to tell them about my script. We discussed the plot and both agreed it would be a terific film. Amanda wanted to put her script writing training into practice and we decided that she'd write a script and we decide what to do.

Little did I expect her to actually come back with anything. But "Bingo" she came back with something that was not only readable but bloody good. Carli grabbed hold of the torch and raced ahead thinking that she;d like to direct the film with such a good script to work with.

Time rushed by as we had meetings to discuss locations, other meetings involving the cast and so much more.

I couldn't believe it when Michelle Morris who featured in the last series of  The Knock on ITV agreed to take part. When you work with professionals there isn't wasted shoot time.

Amanda, Carli and myself have spent considerable time talking about the script and there have now been sewvweral re-writes. It's now shaping up pretty good and I can't wait for the full cast read through next Friday.

I want the film to show several iconic buildings and views in and around Swansea so wwe have looked at the view from Three Crosses across to Mumbles through the pine trees, the marina, Waterfront Museum, Wins Street, the J Sheds, Dylan Thomas Theatre, Cwndonkin Park  and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment